Friday, March 6, 2009

Exam Gown Beauty


5 Years Post Cancer Post Hysterectomy

Had my annual check up today, which included putting on a beautiful (not) exam gown. I don't know who designs those things but my elbows aren't double jointed and I never can get the middle back tied.

My doctor suggested that I see the gynocological oncologist again for the post-radiation issues I have, which are probably nerve damage from the HDR brachytherapy and possibly the pelvic radiation. He said that the nerve problems (if due to radiation) would be progressive, and the oncologist might have more suggestions on how to treat what probably be a life long problem. The nerve damage creates quite a bit of pain when standing or walking for long periods of time. With The Headache it makes exercising very difficult for me.

I went to work today after my MD appointment, but only lasted a couple of hours. The Headache kept pounding away and all I could think of was The Headache and I didn't want to draw pay for doing nothing which was all I was capable of.

I have problems driving when The Headache tries to take control. For some reason I get disoriented, miss turn offs, go the wrong direction, etc. This afternoon it was an issue, but I got home eventually. I'm having a hard time writing this evening/morning because I can't carry a thought through to a conclusion. I've been at this for about 3 hours to write just these few paragraphs. I stared at 11 PM and it now is almost 2 in the morning.

Wow, I just remembered I was going to take a long bath to get my leg and lower back pain to let up. I had turned off the water to go and write this - allowing the water to cool down a little - I'll bet its too cold now! Duh....

No comments:

Post a Comment