Monday, March 16, 2009

Cleveland Clinic Appointment Confirmed


Spring has Sprung & I'm Psychologically Sound

Got voice mail today that verified I passed the psychiatric exam and my appointment for this Thursday in Cleveland is confirmed. I have mixed emotions - glad that I am eligible, but dreading the next month because until I meet the documentation and frequency guidelines I won't be eligible for the trial occipital stimulator. A month can be a long time with The Headache bopping around.

Sigh...I am facing more travel - this will be the first airplane trip I have taken since The Headache took hold. I hope it will behave on the flights. I have a fear of being in a situation where I cannot get privacy and being in terrible pain. It has happened to me several times in the last year especially prior to receiving indomethacin. I wish that The Belly liked the indomethacin, life would be so much easier.

I have my PET scan tomorrow. I'm trying to remain upbeat but today has been a shadow of yesterday - much nausea and dizziness. Hoping tomorrow will be better! And hoping The Headache behaves because my understanding is that I have to remain still while allowing the dispensation of the nuclear tinged glucose in my system, and to remain still during the scan.

My forsythia bushes are blooming, there are robins everywhere, and the neighbor's jonquils and daffodils are blooming. I believe spring has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment