Monday, July 13, 2009

Forged to Change


Reacting to Life's Misfortunes

I visualize my psyche as an anvil, my body as metal being forged, and my disease as the hammer and the heat that bends the metal against the anvil. The higher the heat, the heavier the hammer blow - the metal changes, crystallizes, metamorphosizes and the anvil absorbs the shock.

You start to wonder after too many hits of pain what limits there are on body adaptation and how much transference has occurred to your mind and mood, reflecting the physical changes. After being this way too long, has the pain burned its way into my neural pathways gaining a strangle hold on my perception of wellbeing?

Wanting to be my old normal self again, but I wait for the hammer to fall once more. And when it does, I will wait again.

No comments:

Post a Comment