Tuesday, February 17, 2009

O Pancreas O Pancreas


The Belly is in Charge

My pancreas today was lumping around in my belly like a bucking bronco. I ate some meat protein last night and The Belly didn't like it. I don't know what there is about protein that sets it off, but it sure is gripey today.

The Headache is behaving itself today after a very bad night last night, but it just may be that I am so medicated because of The Belly pain so I'm not noticing. If it keeps up tomorrow I may give up and see a doc about it, but I'm hoping a day of rest and relaxation will get The Belly back to tip top shape. Sometimes the doctors insist you go to the hospital and I don't really want to go.

I got about an hour of sleep last night and finally had to give up and take The Belly painkiller because The Headache was not cooperating and The Belly was lumping. Sometimes when The Belly lumps The Headache jumps. I'm not sure why.

I tried sleeping sitting up in the living room on my sectional, and after taking The Belly painkiller (just trammadol nothing terribly strong) I halfway dosed off. I kept waking from dreams thinking this dream looks just like my living room. Duh! I was looking at my living room! I took my morning bath and got ready to go to work, and sat down on the couch and the next thing I know its almost two o'clock in the afternoon and The Belly was trying to tie itself in knots.

I guess this just isn't my year to earn money. No work today! All I've eaten today are some grapes, and my medication. Not eating anything makes The Belly gripe about the indomethacin. I have cut down on the liquids because anything in The Belly is irritating it. There is no winning for losing here. I'm taking phenergan but the nausea is building and I may have to switch over to reglan. Hopefully tomorrow The Belly will be better and today will just be a distant memory. The Belly has won this round today.

I hope I qualify for the occipital stimulator study, because I am going to have to quit taking this indomethacin fairly soon if The Belly has anything to say about it. I'm just glad I have the best boss in the world. He's trying very hard to work with me to get me back to work full time!

No comments:

Post a Comment