Monday, October 12, 2009

Woo Hoo!! My 200th Post!


Who Woulda Thunk It??

This is my 200th post. I started this blog in January and I wasn't sure if I would keep it up. I thought it would be stressful to write and a chore to do. I found blogging to be exactly the opposite.

When I have been at my lowest points writing and illustrating another entry has kept me moving forward. When the pain is at the point that I am plumb wackydoodles being able to read different blogs about how others cope with unsurmountable obstacles helps me work through the pain and the panic. When yet another doctor appointment looms or more bad news comes I know I can toss my cares away into another posting and feel more optimistic. Comments by persons passing through my blog space keep me humbly grateful that there are so many kind interesting intelligent and funny people in this world, and that I get to interact with them. I am educated, entertained, saddened, and inspired by the many blogs I follow - impressed by the excellent quality, diversity and inventive nature of my fellow bloggers.

Despite the wondernment that I have had enough nonsense in me to write 200 entries, today has been a bad day. The Headache has been trying to come alive, he Belly feels like my pancreas is taking nips out of my innards, I had an incontinent episode at work (went home 45 min drive changed and drove back 45 mins) soooo embarrasing, I only slept two hours last night, and I feel like I don't even have enough energy to move because The Legs aren't cooperating. I feel exhausted. I have taken a cocktail of benedryl, phenergan, and trammadol and it is just barely decreasing the pain. I am going to change the settings on my stimulator one more time to see if it can put The Headache to sleep for the night.

On an upnote, Diana Lee at Somebody Heal Me has done it again and has put together another great Blog Carnival! I don't know how she gets these all organized and perfectly done each month, but I am so happy she does!! This month's theme is alternative therapies. I found some intriguing information, makes me wish that I lived in a more metropolitan area where some of these resources are available! A very interesting post was from MaxJerz at Rhymes with Migraine discussing the difference between alternative and complementary medicine or treatments. I definitely have been using these terms incorrectly as interchangeable! There were some other great links on other subjects too.

If this post is full of typos and misspelled words I am going to blame The Headache and The Meds. I've proof read it a couple of times, but when The Headache kicks in that is a gesture in futility!! I've got the jimmy legs so will be dancing with pain again tonight. Pain wouldn't be such a bad dance partner except he keeps stepping on my toes!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching 200! Blogging is therapy for me....and probably for most people. Sorry to hear your having such a rough day. I hope your stimulator works along with the meds. And I hope you get a good nights sleep. I am heading there soon. Goodnight and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise: finally went into drugged slumber. Hoping you are having a good week!!

    ReplyDelete