Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pancreas My Pancreas


The Belly Rules

Tonight The Belly is talking to me, and its not happy. Dr. Gnomes PA said I should try to eat more fat, more protein and up the pancreatic enzymes. Well I tried today, and am paying for it tonight. The nausea and pain are not as bad as I have had in the past but they are worse than I have had for several days.

I know I can't go on without eating. I know the liver must have fat and cholesterol to function correctly. I know that muscles need protein to work properly. I know I need to drink more liquids. I feel dizzy and weak which is probably due to improper diet. I am extremely tired, especially because The Belly does not like to lay down (I think this is the pancreatitis). I don't think I am going to try eating this much again until after the EUS testing. I probably ate a half cup of protein today, which I figure is a half cup too much!!

I have a long long way to go before I am totally malnourished, so I think if I just hang tough until The Belly can get figured out I can make it. Otherwise I am afraid it will be hospital time for me again because of the pancreatitis... and I have way too much work to do in the next three months to waste my time that way.

On the silver lining side, The Headache has calmed down except for some jolts and jabs. I did have a bit of a right sided headache but it did not escalate this time! Woo Hoo occipital stimulator!

It's almost 3 AM so I am going to try some more antinausea medication and see if that helps the nausea AND the pain. I just whiney tonight. I need to just get with it and quit the pancreas pity party I'm having. It's not been a great week for me. The exception was the "Get Motivated" seminar which had Colin Powell as one of the speakers. He was a fantastic orator, at ease and articulate. Terry Bradshaw was a speaker also, not nearly as "put together" as Colin, but very funny especially when he told some football stories. I feel motivated mentally but out of steam physically. One of these days I'm going to get this body of mine in synch with the brain!


No comments:

Post a Comment