Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"You Look Like Hell"


How Do You Respond?

Another partial day of work. I am trying to make do with as little medication as possible, hoping that the occipital stimulator is doing its thing (or is it?) and will keep The Headache at bay. Less medication should equal more hours at work, but it isn't working out too well this week.

I took a short walk outside late afternoon, and on coming back one of my co-workers said "You look like Hell". What can you say when the inside of your head feels even worse than your outside appearance is showing? I said "Well, that's where I live almost every day since The Headache came to stay" and went back to my office. I know they don't understand what The Headache is like, and I don't want anyone to ever be in the place where they would have to learn.

In August last year The Headache was terrible. Maybe there is a seasonality to The Headache. One set of physicians thought I was having cluster headaches intermixed with hemicrania continua. I think I am just on the severe side of the spectrum of pain that comes with HC. I wasn't on indomethacin last August either, just like this August. Ahhhh, lovely indomethacin that helped my pain but put my pancreas into paroxysms, I miss you!

I am going to see if I can get The Headache under control in the next couple of days. I have another trip to Kansas City next week to see about my hives, but I would like to try to ramp up to 8 hour work days again to see if I can do it. I am feeling impatient, and I wish the two month wait until my "real" stimulator programming kicks in was over. And I can't mess around too much with my pain treatment as part of the study parameters. Sigh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment