Friday, August 7, 2009

Banishing with All My Might


Bad Week

I finally ate something besides rice today, and The Belly is feeling mighty sick. The Headache has been maintaining a pretty good nausea signal to The Belly so I have not eaten much in the last few days. I was starting to have blood sugar problems (too low) because of that so I tried some protein today. I am trying now (seven hours later) to keep from throwing it back up. I guess that is TMI, huh?

My face is swollen and red because of the hives, and my facial pain from The Headache is making a comeback big time today. Overall the pain levels are down from the last two days, so I am considering today a Victory even with a red bumpy face! I am going to take more phenergan in a few minutes and try to grab a few hours sleep if possible.


I am trying to pump up the forgiving side of my nature. I get all mule-headed about some things, and then I have to remind myself - will this matter in ten years? Heck in ten years I'll probably be lucky if I can find my way to the bathroom from my bedroom!

“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”

August Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment