Saturday, August 15, 2009

Celebration Saturday


Woo Hoo!!!

I'm having a quiet celebration at my house. My happiness is because today - with no medication whatsoever - I have been able to do major cleaning at my house! I have gone up and down stepladders, removed curtains, washed curtains, cleaned windows, swept and mopped floors, all without The Headache interfering. I can feel The Headache there, but instead of getting worse as I have stepped up physical activity (as it has for almost two years) it is just staying the same.

My poor windows - I have 16 single hung windows in my sunroom - oh the dirt! My poor valances - not sure if they will ever be white again, but I'm trying to get them clean!

The last time these were cleaned was when my niece was here visiting several months before The Headache began. Auch der Lieber! The grime - eeeek. The spiders - eeeek. The spiderwebs - eeeek. I'm not completely through all 16 windows but only have a few left. Hoping to finish before it rains! Taking a quick break to blog and then back to Windex! Maybe the curative powers of Windex have healed me. Who knew??

My mission this weekend is to clean the sun room and rearrange the furniture. I hope to report "Mission Accomplished" tomorrow evening, but I'm making no guarantees.

I'm embedding a YouTube video of a Japenese high school band playing Kool and the Gang's "Celebrate!" It's like a mix of field routine and orchestra - wish I had something like that when I was in high school band! And they play really really well despite the gyrations..makes me feel like dancing around too! Woo Hoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment