Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pancreatic Problems


Acute Pancreatitis Attack

Today I went to urgent care. I was trying to go to work and the stomach spasms started again. I was closer to the urgent care than I was to my own physician's office, so that is where I went.

My lipase was fairly high, and I have acute pancreatitis again. I'm going to have to get off the indomethacin. I am trying to get through the occipital stimulator study to the point I can quit taking the indomethacin, but The Belly is not working with me. I was supposed to be off the indomethacin last fall when this happened but the pain is too bad when I don't take it.

I promised the doc I would take it easy, take some tramadol for the pain, and get retested in a day or so if it still hurts. If I still have an issue then, the doc told me it will be hospital time for me. Sitting around with an IV stuck in you for several days is not my idea of productive time, so I am trying really hard to sit still and rest for the rest of the week. I would like to have a year where I don't meet the out-of-pocket limit on my insurance, but when your warranty is expired and they don't make spare parts for your model anymore it gets expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment