Sunday, December 6, 2009

Excessive Misery


Blues on My Mind

I'm thinking "Gloom despair and Agony on Me..." Well, maybe despair is going a little too far, but I'm definitely in the gloom and agony category tonight. Debating on whether or not to go to the emergency room. I really don't want to, but the pain and nausea of The Belly is pretty bad. It started getting worse this afternoon despite my attempts to medicate it. I will wait and see what it does later today as its 5 AM and I have not slept yet despite mucho medication.

I've missed a week of work last week, missed a week two weeks before that, and really can't afford to be off another week. But as sick as I am right now, I won't be able to get into work anyway. What a situation.. Darned if I do, and darned if I don't. Dagnabbit!

I have things to do at work that need to be done NOW not in two weeks when I feel better. I know I am not indespensible, and that work can go on without me, but I love my job. I take pride in my work, I enjoy the people I work with and for - I even enjoy the commute! Even though they are very kind about how ill I have been, I feel like I am letting them all down by not being there and fulfilling my part of the team work.

Just trying to stay upright (it seems to help The Belly) and keeping a heating pad warm and tucked in close to the old pancreas. Maybe I'll be able to go to bed in a little while, this will be the second non-sleeping night in a row. If I could catch up sleep in the daytime it wouldn't matter so much, but apparently The Belly hurts regardless of night or day so no sleepytime for me...



2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you. I try to work through my pain, but we both should remember to take care of ourselves first. Then once we get better, we can give work our all. Easier said than done, I know. Just don't feel guilty - it's not your fault you can't make it in every day. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, I definitely need the prayers. and thanks for the encouragement. I've been feelin' low...

    I guess I was doing so well with The Headache and then I had another part of the body go bust that I thought I had fixed, the bluuuuuues set in....

    The upside is I don't need a lot of money for food! And I've watched the informercial for the Shark vacuum about a million times in the middle of the night...wait a minute - that's not an upside is it???

    ReplyDelete