Saturday, June 27, 2009

Getting my Golden Helmet of Mambrino



Hope I'm not Tilting at Windmills!

Will be leaving in wee hours tomorrow to drive to St. Louis and catch a flight to Cleveland. Fatigue finally won out over economy, so I compromised with a four hour dive and an hour or so flight. My younger brother John is going with me - my poor older brother Phil has a bad back and it about put him down for the count when he went with me the last time.

I thought of this song from the Man of La Mancha where Don Quixote mistakes the barber's shaving basin for a legendary golden helmet which will make him invincible! I hope I am not as mistaken as the great Don, and the occipital stimulator will be the real golden helmet, and not just a wash bowl. If you hear the cuckoos calling from the cuckooberry tree, please let me know! I definitely hope I have a noble heart and the stimulator will make me impervious to The Headache!

DON QUIXOTE
Hand over that golden helmet!

BARBER
But this is a shaving basin!

DON QUIXOTE
Shaving basin! Know thou not what this really is?
The Golden Helmet of Mambrino!
When worn by one of noble heart, it renders
him invulnerable to all wounds!
I am hoping for a safe trip and an excellent result from my surgery Tuesday. Won't probably be posting for a few days so everyone out there - stay well!

No comments:

Post a Comment