Thursday, September 3, 2009

Worked All Day for the Sugar In My Tay


Looking Forward to Tomorrow

Whipped out several projects today, including one that has been bothering me for a few months. My poor old brain was so overloaded with The Headache the logic circuits where flaking out on me. Now that The Headache is fading the logic is coming back - didn't know if it would!

Perhaps my logic wasn't working because I wasn't able to do my "thinking" walks. Since I began working many many moons ago when I am stuck on a problem I take a "thinking" walk to mull over my options. If the problem is really bad I will wait overnight, and give my brain instructions to fix the problem while I sleep. Until The Headache came along, my brain was a pretty obedient instrument that responded well to these techniques. The Headache bolloxed all that up.

One of the bosses today said I was becoming more and more of a coder (as in programmer). Sigh. I enjoy the problem solving bit of coding because it is like a puzzle, but to sit and spin out code every day is not my forte. They are such nice folks to work for I just can't complain. We are short handed while some people are on vacation and others are on FMLA and others are working conversion projects. At least my mind is working at almost my old pace. I think by next week I may be up to speed. Woo Hoo!!!

The Headache is still getting more painful at certain times of the day/night. Not sure if any remedy will completely rid me of that. The Headache wakes me in the wee hours of the morning and sometimes I can't sleep. Last night and tonight and Sunday night have been problems. Then I fall asleep getting dressed in the morning. This plays heck with me getting to work on time. I wake up in the oddest places, but mostly I fear falling asleep while driving. I almost went through a red light yesterday morning because I was so tired. Next hurdle to jump - fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment