Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bugs in The Desert

Where's a Starship Trooper When You Need One??

Just a quick post from the hotel communal PC.   Good business trip, getting a lot accomplished.  The Headache has behaved itself, but The Hives and The Legs are not happy.  Last time the boxelder bugs had hatched, now huge cicada's are hopping their way around as big as frogs, but at least they are not in my hotel room.  I swear they are about as big as a house - scary like alien bugs.  They look like they could just carry off small children and pets.

Tomorrow is our last day here for awhile.  Very positive group of people here, very excited to learn new methods for doing things.  Sometimes when clients go through a system change over anxiety rules because it is the unknown that is scary and the known that is comforting.  Everyone here has just calmly taken all the changes in stride, moving forward with determination and cheerful effort.  I'm just going to have to refresh my faith that I can move forward in my life in the same way.

I fly back home Saturday hoping maybe I can get an earlier flight on standby in Dallas or else I will have about a 4 hour layover.  I guess that will give me some time to get some reading done!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you pain is keeping at bay. Ugh I could not handle if critters were in my hotel room. Glad they are not with you. Glad the trip is going well for you dear. Thanks for the update. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I hate cicada's. They scare me so bad. I hate bugs, mice, anything like that, I turn into a little girl...LOL,, Screaming and all. Hope that your pain stays at bay for you. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    Never forget...9-11-2001

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete