Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pain is Knocking on My Noggin

Ice Pack Heaven

Did too much this week/weekend. Things had to be done, so I did them. I knew what could happen but sometimes you just do what is necessary then deal with the consequences if and when they come. Thank heavens for my handy dandy old fashioned ice pack! I am setting here typing with one balanced on my painful brain.

Tonight the ice is keeping pace with the pain. The stimulator is buzzing away but the pain has increased to the point it is not able to contain it. Tomorrow I pray that The Headache will calm down. The present exacerbation started on Thursday, and hopefully should be winding down tonight, still staying in that old three to four day cycle.

I have tons of work to do tomorrow, plus a GI doctor appointment, and then I have to leave at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday to travel to a client. I have no time for The Headache. It's a jealous thing, so I am sure as soon as it realizes I absolutely have no time for it, it will make itself known. I think I will be packing ice packs for next week's travel. Hotels always have an ice machine somewhere!

I haven't had time to go see my PCP to get some kind of rescue medication so I am hoping I am not due for another Bad Headache Day for a few weeks. Time is such a precious thing, and productive time is even more precious. Time keeps on slippin' into the future!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment