Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Happiness Moment


Good End to a Bad Week

The furnace broke, I started having bad neuropathic pain, I burned wood and put logs in my fireplace which are heavy and made the neuropathic pain worse, I wasn't able to work for a couple of days, and I was dog tired. Not a great week, but today ended on a high note!
My niece and her two sons came to visit for a couple of days during their spring break. One son is junior high age, and one is first grade age. I have a special place in my heart for all my nieces and nephews and great nieces and great nephews, maybe a little more than some aunts because I don't have any children of my own. Luckily we had the furnace fixed right before they came down.

We had a pizza party and they camped out at my brother's cabin (their grandpa) and had a hot dog roast on a bonfire, and the boys basically did whatever they wanted and ate whatever their mom would let them eat! They played kickball in the yard, and video games at grandpa's. I was so sick when they came that I sat and talked with them, but didn't get to visit as much as I liked. Today was their last day with us - they were going to a cousin's house this afternoon and spending the night there.

I had to suck it up and travel today to a client today, and have been in quite a bit of pain all day. The visit was very productive, but it was very trying for me because I was not able to take sedating medication and drive. The best part of the day was when I came home I found the nicest note waiting for me on my computer desk. It said - See you in May [when their school year is out] Thank You We Love You with the Love in a big beautiful heart and the O in you replaced by a little heart. How nice, and from boisterous boys yet! Made my day and made my week.

Hoping for a good weekend despite the predicted lousy weather. I plan to stay drugged for the most part, catch up on my sleep, and get ready for a full week next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment