Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bad Headache Day #16 2009


Goldfish out of water

Well, I knew I was risking fate when asking for three good days in a row. Yesterday was not a good day, but thankfully I was able to sleep through most of it with the help of my friends Benedryl and Phenergan. Add another urgent care visit to my year, but this time I got antibiotics too! Apparently, dehydrating myself in order to drive 13 hours to Ohio and 13 hours back to Missouri was not a great idea....but hopefully I will be in tip top shape by Monday.

Under orders to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate I have been drinking cranberry juice all day and water water water. The pancreas enzymes and liver enzymes were up but at least not at the hospitalization level yet. Maybe the antibiotics will help...

The problem with drinking liquids is that I have to medicate for pain and nausea because The Belly right now isn't taking kindly to anything. So yesterday was sleepytown, and today was slooooooow moving. Tomorrow should be better, and hoping again for a good Monday.

My boss at work is so great. Just being able to work 10 hours last week, I was feeling very guilty when I finally woke up Friday afternoon. I hadn't even called in work! He said not to worry, they were holding down the fort. This is the worst part for me, because I really like my job and the people I work with. I've been there six years and that's a year longer than I've kept any job in this area since I moved here 20 years ago. I hope to be here until I retire. That's why I hope I get accepted in the occipital stimulator study. I want to work, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel and say I'm disabled yet.

I had a strange dream yesterday. In the dream my family had rented a cabin in the mountains. We went into town where there was a festival going on and I had forgotten all my ID's and my purse. We went back to the cabin, and our feet were dirty so we looked out the back patio doors and a wide clear stream with gold fish in it was right at bottom of the door. You could see the rocks at the bottom and little gold fish swishing back and forth. I opened the door and I was going to put my toes in to see how cold the water was, when I thought "This is probably deeper than it appears" (I guess thinking the same as the rear view mirrors on my car where objects are closer than they appear) and I woke up. Maybe I think I'm getting in over my head?? Who knows - perhaps I will dream again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment